Re: BOUNCE mgs: Admin request

To: Kosti Hennighausen <henn0023@itlabs.umn.edu>
Subject: Re: BOUNCE mgs: Admin request
From: ek_john_luthy <luthy@cesd.servtech.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 22:44:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 26 Jul 1996, Kosti Hennighausen wrote:

> > What can be done to make the safety level of driving a
> > Midget at least bearable?
> >
> When she heard I had bought an "MG MIDGET," my mother-in-law asked
> whether it had an airbag.  "Not unless one is in the habit of driving
> around with an inflatable beachball in one's lap," I replied.
>

> >    The main point that frightens me is the solid steel
> > steering wheel a few inches from the driver's face. I was
> > thinking of fitting some sort of crashpad on it much like
> > a typical golf cart.

        Last summer while I was in Korea I drove in a car with an
ADD ON AIR BAG! No kidding it was a clamp on device that was of course
attached to the steering wheel. I really wanted to take the thing apart
and find out how it worked but the young lady that owned the car didn't
understand much english and I didn't speak much korean. So I may never
find out how the thing was activated. As I remember it had the words "air
cap" on it.

                        Lex