Re: rocker arm

To: KEN & ADELE HEDGES <khedges@awinc.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rocker arm
From: "W. B. Olson" <WBOLSON@cherokee.astate.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 08:00:11 CST
Don't see how yop could get it on backwards if you didn't
dissassemble it.  The rockers themselves would be upside down.  That
would be an obvious mistake and you wouldn't have to ask.  No comment
it you dissassembled the mechanism and reassembled it improperly,
although I don't see how you could have done that easily either.

> From:           KEN & ADELE HEDGES <khedges@awinc.com>
> To:             "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
> Subject:        rocker arm
> Date sent:      Tue, 30 Jul 1996 16:59:06 -0700
> Send reply to:  KEN & ADELE HEDGES <khedges@awinc.com>

> is it possible to put a rocker arm on the wrong way?
>
> I realise that the oil from the front bearing is piped up to the front of the
>rocker arm and then thu the hollow section to each rocker.
>
> Question is, is there a certain way that the rocker has to go on to line up
>with any hole coming from the bottom end?
>
> The Haynes manual doesn't make any mention of it, and I would "ASSUME" that
>if there was a specific way it would be mentioned.

Bill Olson
Arkansas State University
72 Tourer, 67 Grand Tourer