Re: Cleaning Rubber Bumpers

To: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@mail.ic.net>
Subject: Re: Cleaning Rubber Bumpers
From: Charles Jay Horsley <horse@tenet.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 21:11:13 -0500 (CDT)
People are continually asking me if I bought new bumpers for my 75 and 80
B's.  Assuming that you do not have paint or other firmly attached
spots,  all I would suggest is to take them to a car wash and high
pressure clean them.  Put them in the sun to dry "completely".  When done
take Armor-all and start spraying.  Soak it and let it bake in the sun.
When it gets dry, any where, spray that spot again.  After some time it
will stop drying quickly, in fact it may stay wet all night. Wipe it with
a rag and you're done.  Just spray with Armor-all once a month and it
will stay beautiful.  It has kept my wife's bumpers beautiful for the
17 years I have worked on them.

Chuck Horsley--Lake Jackson,TX