Re: waving at other MGs,

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: waving at other MGs,
From: Duane Fischer <psych@trader.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 22:07:49 -0500
Scotty wrote:

> >Fellow fiends:
> ****huge snip**************
> >
> >Any deviation from these rules indicates someone is having a bad day.
> >That's about it.  Any questions?
> >
> >Will "the Emily Post of the highways" Zehring
> >

> Fellow Will [alias Emily],
>                          I wave to all the LBC drivers I see and if I
> don`t get a wave back I reckon they must be a "newby" and maybe next time
> they might wave back! You just have to keep trying, I`ve been waving to
> other MG drivers since 1962 when I got my first TD, and what started me
> waving, was the other MG drivers waving to me, this must be an
> infectious thing, so keep on waving! Well, I`d even wave to "old Chet"
> the "Yuppie aged guy" in his Tr*i*ph, *of course* he is a special case
> I met him at INDY at the Netizen meet on the Thursday. Keep waving the
> exercise keeps you fit!
>
> Regards.
>
> Scotty.[Ancient Prewarrior]
> Adelaide.Australia.
>
> .I wave to anyone who is an obvious enthusiast (even old Studebakers in
mid-restoration), and ALWAYS to kids who gape (and sometimes wave shyly).
The kids are especially fun since they just see a really nifty car and
haven't yet learned to be properly snobbish.  My oldest grandson enjoys
riding with me in my raggedy '83 Trans Am (with the t-tops out) almost as
much as he does riding in the my '72 Midget (almost as raggedy).  I think
some of us get hung-up in the status and forget that this is about having
(and sharing) fun.  ...my $ 0.02 worth.
--
Life is far too precious to be taken seriously.
mailto:psych@trader.com -or-