clutch question

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: clutch question
From: KEN & ADELE HEDGES <khedges@awinc.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 06:53:28 -0700
Have replaced the clutch plate and carbon bearing that actuates the =
clutch pressure plate, put the proper grease on that came with the =
clutch plate, and now it is back in the car there is not enough clutch =
movement,

The clutch pedal is very soft, I checked the slave cylinder seems OK, am =
now going to replace the master cylinder complete (enough fooling =
around).

But I still have this nagging question about how much pressure should be =
required to   actuate the clutch  When I try and move the fork lever it =
is extremly hard.=20

Anyone know if this is right or has come across this same thing?

I dread taking the engine out again, even though I don't think I put =
anything in wrong the first time.