Re: clutch question

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@MV.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: clutch question
From: TUSLER%MP050@MPA15AB.MV.UNISYS.COM
Date: 01 AUG 96 08:30
>Have replaced the clutch plate and carbon bearing that actuates the =
 clutch pressure plate, put the proper grease on that came with the =
 clutch plate, and now it is back in the car there is not enough clutch =
 movement,
 The clutch pedal is very soft, I checked the slave cylinder seems OK, am =
<now going to replace the master cylinder complete (enough fooling =

  Sounds like the dread 'can't bleed that clutch line' problem.  It's
very probable that you still have a bubble in there.  Use the E-Z Bleed
and unmount the slave from the bellhousing.  Wire on the plunger, so it
doesn't pop out, turn the slave so that the bleed nipple is at the
highest point, then bleed the line.

  Grease on the clutch plate?  Where did you put that? On the splines?
I've never put any kind of grease anywhere near my clutch.  You didn't
grease the graphite throwout bearing, did you?

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*