Re: MGB Window Cranks

To: Jamie Morton <mortons@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Window Cranks
From: "G.J." <johnsong@is.dal.ca>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 12:12:17 -0300 (ADT)
On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, Jamie Morton wrote:

> I've had it with the window cranks on my MGB-GT!
>
> I've bought an unmentionable quantity of replacement handles from
> Moss/TRF/V-B etc. in both original black plastic and the supposedly "heavy
> duty" chrome handles and they all end up breaking!

Is it the sun affecting the handles or do the internal mechanisms need
lubriction?  My windows were a b*tch to wind up and down until I lubed
them! Of course this may require tearing the door apart!
   / ______/        |   |  Greg A.M.Johnson           '72 & '66 MGB
 /   \   ___        |   |  Biology Dept.
 \     \_\  \  /\ __|   |  Dalhousie University
   \______   / \________|  Halifax, N.S., Canada
          \/
   * See the British Automobile Touring Association of NS Home Page!*

          http://www.ccn.cs.dal.ca/Recreation/BATANS/index.html