RE: MGA problems : fuel gauge

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGA problems : fuel gauge
From: "Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu" <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 13:51:37 -0500 (CDT)
>Speaking of fuel gauges, mine says full when it is and half full when it is
>down to about empty.  What would cause that?

Don -

One of my Triumphs once had this symptom --- it was the dreaded "voltage
stabliser", the little on-off (square-wave) thermal device that drops the
average voltage from about 13V to about 10V.  On my GT6 it was mounted on the
back of the speedo, but only fed the temp and fuel gauges.  Do MGs have this
device?

Lee M. Daniels   Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding   Texas A&M
 daniels@tamu.edu            (409) 845-3726          Fax (409) 845-9351
 '74 TR6  '77 MGB