RE: Midget

To: mgs@autox.team.net, roethler@cadetmail.uscga.edu (brust)
Subject: RE: Midget
From: TheSkinny@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 14:58:17 -0400
Hey folks, in about 5 or 6 months I am going to begin the restoration of my
64 Midget--- I basically have it down to the body shell and had the body
shell dipped, but now need some advice about some sections of the
restoration......

Take the body to the painter without the suspension on.  Completely stripped
to the body shell, we were able to lift my midget up onto a work bench in the
center of the spray booth and paint it at a comfortable height.  Alot of guys
also rig up rotisseries.  The midget is so light my painter was tempted to
try to engine stands!

You can get uprated springs that work with the stock suspension setup, also
you can get lever shocks with special ends so that you can adjust camber.
 Another way to adjust camber is to use shims under the base of the lever
shock.

Dave Riker
69 Midget.