Re: Smog Protests

To: Ragthyme@aol.com
Subject: Re: Smog Protests
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 15:37:00 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 1 Aug 1996 Ragthyme@aol.com wrote:

> You've got a couple of workable options here, none of which includes writing
> a (probably useless) letter to your congresscritter:

> 1) Sell your LBC, and buy a Miata. Sniffle every once in a while when you see

> 2) Learn to accept the tenet that "laws are made for people who need them,
> and I don't."  Get past all the wonderful things they taught you in

> they are). Get yourself some attractive Alabama licence plates. Drive back to
> California and don't worry about the smog tests any longer.  You may decide

I think he is on to something.  But there are sure to be those who suffer
intestinal cramps at the idea of being less than strictly law-abiding.  I
have two things to say to you.

1.  Don't run for elective office; you would not feel comfortable.

2.  Do you want to sell your lovely, rust-free California car that can no
longer be driven there?  Cheap?  I have always wanted an XK-120M
roadster.  I'm not sure if I even care if I can drive it; it would look
great in the living room.  I'd just sit and stare...

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910