Rivet Tools

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rivet Tools
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@mail.ic.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 1996 16:06:06 -0400
Here is my problem, strange but true.  I have what I assume to be a
fairly typical example of a pop-rivet tool, made by a major
manufacturer, bought from a major home-improvement chain.  My problem
involves the riveting of snaps.  When attaching rivets to my car
(tonneau, covertible top, chrome body side boldings), the rivet will not
seat properly.  The rivet flares, as expected, but the rivet snap
doesn't tighten against the body.  Seems that the problem is the depth
of the snap, as the tool doesn't sit in the bottom of the snap, but
rather across the top.  Suggestions?