RE: Rivet Tools

To: cdelling@mail.ic.net (Christopher M. Delling)
Subject: RE: Rivet Tools
From: RVBurkholder@city.surrey.bc.ca (Burkholder, Ross)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 13:59:40 -0700

I used the same tool and found that if I put a few very small washers
around the stem of the rivet (the part that breaks off and ends up stuck
 in the rivet gun) before you place the rivet in the gun, it works just
fine.
Make sure the washers are thick enough so that the gun is pressing
directly on the washers and the rivet head.  Neither the gun or washers
should be touching  the top or sides of the moulding snap being installed.
This will transfer the pressure from the snap housing to the top on the
rivet.
 Keep a good supply of washers handy because once the pop rivet "pops",
 the washers will fall on the floor.

Ross  70B, 50 Merc