Re: Door Skins

To: Gregg Baker <gbaker@anc.ak.net>
Subject: Re: Door Skins
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 17:01:24 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, Gregg Baker wrote:

>    Has anyone ever skinned a door on a MGA?  What's it take and where do you
> get the
> material?  Is it just sheet metal that you cut to fit?  I also don't notice
>much
> in the way of spotwelds.

Dunno nuthin' 'bout no MGAs, but normally you buy a new skin, offer it up
to (I love that expression!) the door frame and fold over the edges of the
door skin.
To get the old one off, the easiest way is to grind through the old skin
where it folds around the frame.

Well, upon rereading this, if I didn't know what I was talking about (I
probably don't), I would be fairly confused now.  Maybe someone else can
explain it a little better...

Ulix
                    '67 Sprite             '66 Caddy