Was too high oil pressure, now broken gauge.

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Was too high oil pressure, now broken gauge.
From: Robert Rhodes <aa101479@dasher.csd.sc.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 09:29:27 -0400 (EDT)
        Thanks to all who replied.

        I took the oil pressure relief valve out last night and couldn't
find anything wrong.  I reinstalled it and found that I still had 100+
psi at the dash.

        I then took an old CIS injection gauge I had constructed during
my VW/Porsche days and managed to get it hooked up to the oil guage feed
line.  (It fit rather nicely using spare parts from an aftermarket fuel
pump)  After starting up the car I had 72 of so psi on a slightly warm
engine.

        So, how do I fix an oil pressure gauge?

Rob Rhodes                              Columbia, S.C.
72 B