Smog tests :don't worry, be happy

To: Fool4MG@aol.com
Subject: Smog tests :don't worry, be happy
From: donmathis@lucent.com
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 1996 10:30:13 -0400
Okay, how many people believe that politics in the USA are affected if not
dominated by people with money? (okay, okay, ....pessimistic and
generalizing but bear with me a minute.) Have you ever noticed that those
people with a great deal of money also have a large number of toys.  Have
you noticed that some of those toys are "collector cars". Do you think that
they will go along with the government passing laws that crunch their toys?
I don't think so. They will use their influence to optimize their enjoyment
of their cars.  I am always pleasantly surprised at the number of people of
influence in the US that play with cars.  Bill Gates has an exotic Porsche.
The guy that owns Blockbuster has a collection of cars.  Even President
Clinton (can't stand that guy) has a '65 Mustang.  It doesn't hurt to lobby
as a group but I don't think I'll lose sleep over this issue.
Don Mathis, Ph.D.
Lucent Technologies
Norcross, Georgia
donmathis@lucent.com