Re: TD grill shell

To: "Blair Engle" <engle@mailer.martech.fsu.edu>
Subject: Re: TD grill shell
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 09:10:36 -0700
At 11:03 AM 7/26/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Help!
>Does anyone have or know the whereabouts of a MG-TD grill shell?  I also
>need some front wheel cylinders.
>Press on regardless,

Hi Blair,

Can't help with the grill shell (I'd like a new one for my TC) but I have a
suggestion for the wheel cylinders.

When I got my TC three wheel cylinders were hooped and the fourth was almost
as bad. They were pitted far beyond repair.  I assume this is your problem
too.  Fortunately for me I have a good friend who is both an LBC buff and a
top notch machinist.  He sleeved all four cylinders with stainless steel
which, with the addition of a new master cylinder, shoes, seals and hoses
gave the TC a better than new braking system.  If you are forced to consider
buying new wheel cylinders consider this option first.  It will probably
cost you more than a dozen Guiness but it will be LOTS cheaper than buying new!

Cheers,

Ross

   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT