Re: TD windshield??

To: bobd@dynacomm.fse.com (Bob Dallas)
Subject: Re: TD windshield??
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 09:10:39 -0700
At 01:55 PM 7/29/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Went riding in my TD for only the second time this weekend. I decided that I
>would lay flat the windshield to see how that worked when driving.  I made
>it two blocks before deciding that I had had enough and put the windshield
>back in the vertical position.  What is the function of the rotating
>windshield and when would you not want it in the vertical position????
>Bob Dallas
>Houston, Texas
>'69 MGB-GT  '51 MG-TD

Hi Bob.

The windscreen on my TC is ALWAYS down.  Exceptions are when "she who must
be obeyed" is driving and when it's raining (the wipers don't work worth a
damn with the screen down).  A good pair of sun glasses are mandatory and
flying helmet/goggles are optional.  As to the why of it I can only guess.
Perhaps the idea was to reduce the drag coefficient from the equivalent of
two bricks to that of only one.  Or maybe it was to make the car seem alot
faster than it really is.  Or maybe just for the sheer fun of it.

Get some glasses and try again. IMHO there is NOTHING like the exillaration
of top and glass down motoring.

Cheers
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT