67 BGT OD problem

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 67 BGT OD problem
From: "James D. Howard II" <jhoward@argus.lowell.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 09:41:13 -0700 (MST)
On the way to work yesterday, my overdrive kicked out, and has refused to
come back on since.

Last night, I checked the oil in the transmission.  It was a little
overfull, but according to the manual, I only risk getting oil on the clutch.
The oil was nice and clean.  It had been chnaged in April.

I disconnected the wire at the solenoid to see if it was getting power,
and it was.  The manual says the next thing is to see if the engagement
lever needs adjustment.  I don't see how you can do this without removing
the transmission.  Can anyone advise?

Thanks,

James Howard    jhoward@argus.lowell.edu
67 MGB/GT