Re: What looks like this: \ \ ?

To: George G Curl <gcurl@tenet.edu>
Subject: Re: What looks like this: \ \ ?
From: Michael Chaffee <mchaffee@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 14:10:14 -0500 (CDT)
On Wed, 7 Aug 1996, George G Curl wrote:

> How are you going to keep the offset bushings from rolling in their
> mount?  Down the road won't you lose your one degree neg camber? Under
> hard cornering mine have moved from 1.0 neg to .75 and.69 neg.  If
> you've got a fix that will keep me from resetting them on a regular basis
> please let me know.

George -

I'm not sure what kind of bushings you're using, but the Winners Circle
nylon/moly offset bushings in my Midget are such a tight fit that once
they're clamped in place they won't budge.  They are such a tight fit, in
fact, that when I first assembled the suspension and forgot to grease the
surfaces that are supposed to slide, I got almost no suspension movement
whatsoever!

Michael Chaffee
mchaffee@staff.uiuc.edu

I speak only for Diesel Fried Chicken Motorsports.  CCSO frequently disagrees.