Re: BE CAREFUL!

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BE CAREFUL!
From: Bill D <billd@voicenet.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 19:40:57 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 7 Aug 1996, Dave Houser wrote:

> Just a reminder to please be careful when working under your cars. Use
> jack stands of high quality and shake the car before you get under.
> Don't let your lbc kill you.

As an additional safety tip, try to avoid working alone, whether or not
you are under your car.

Even if wrench twiddling on your lbc is a solo activity, another person
who is with you (or at least within earshot) can jack up a car if it falls
on you, help irrigate your eye if you get something noxious in it,
administer other forms of first aid, or phone an ambulance or drive you to
the emergency room if something really serious happens.

In many emergency situations, quick action can mean the difference between
life and death.

Bill
'71 MGB (daily driver)

--
billd@doa.net billd@voicenet.com  (Bill D)
"Yesterday, apropos of nothing, one friend said to me 'Do you ever have