RE: Electronic Ignition Systems/Fiat Bashing

To: "Randy Rees (Starwave)" <Randyr@starwave.com>
Subject: RE: Electronic Ignition Systems/Fiat Bashing
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 18:46:28 -0700
You wrote:

>my 72 Fiat ( sorry :( didn't mean to be so crude.) spyder

Hey buddy I'm the resident Fiat basher here I owned 4 spider 2000's and
a 128 wagon (which I loved dearly) all meet there ends in gruesome
accidents. 1 was hit while stopped at stop sign, 2 while stopped at red
lights and 1 parked in front of the house. I was only moving once when
hit by a car which lost control in left lane of three lane highway and
came noise first into my drivers door at a greater than 55 mph speed
while I was minding my own business in the right lane. I will tell you
that since their demise Long Island's ground water quality has
improved, coencidence? I think not.
 I also never had trouble with Crane ignition but at the same time
would rather have the Lucas (Delco) ignition. I presently  have points
set ups in my 66 and 75 B drivers and think I'm going with the Euro
Spec distributor from Brit-Tek in my 79 restoration car.
Safety Fast, David Deutsch