Re: What year were the most mgb's sold?

To: johnsong@is.dal.ca, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What year were the most mgb's sold?
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 08:44:35 -0400
Greg,

According to my "MG by McComb" book, 1972 was the highest MGB export year at
approximately 56,000 cars. Production, on the other hand, peaked during the
two previous years, at 41,000 cars each.

I'm trying to recall when the gas crisis hit. I believe it was just about the
same time. This would have probably enhanced sales as the MGB compared
favorably to a 400 cubic inch muscle car, while still providing a lot of
motoring fun. In the years immediately following, however, more and more
stringent emission standards and Ralph Nader lead requirements cooled the
demand rather quickly. By 1975 (the rubber bumber debute) the export figuire
had fallen to about 32,000 and production to to about 39,000.

R. Johnson - Dallas