Re: WWW Address for Smog Check 2

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: WWW Address for Smog Check 2
From: Paul Hunt <on76@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 96 20:16:50 GMT
>...but why do the diesels get off scott-free?!  I see so many MB diesels
>belching smoke...
>  Never mind.  Not germaine to this list.  Anyone ever convert their
>MG to diesel?  ;-)

>I read about some guy in the central valley, Fresno maybe, that converted a
>914-6 engine to diesel. He obviously had WAY too much time on his hands.
>This was in the Porsche Club national magazine complete with pictures. I
>read the article myself, I'm not just refering to some vague urban legend
>kinda "read about".

The MGOC (or possibly MG Enthusiast) did a blow-by-blow feature on the
installation of a Renault (I think) diesel in a BGT a year or two ago.  I've
had a scan through the back issues, I don't know about anybody else but I
can never spot the thing I am looking for when it is needed.  I'll probably
land on it when no one is interested anymore.

PaulH
73 Roadster 75 V8