unwanted help?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: unwanted help?
From: skillman@clark.net (Bob,Jean,Matt or Maggie Skillman)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 22:53:50 -0400
        Is it just me or have other list members, when asking a technical
question concerning a problem, received numerous personal E-mails from
"inividuals" who happen to have the solution for a price.  Are companies
scanning the list and soliciting business from list members?
        I realize its a free(?) country but I thought the list was to give
information to all list members who may share common problems and
experiences.
        I have received some great E-mail from list members (Thanks
Llyn,etc.) but sort of resent companies mailing me and saying they have
what I need and how much its going to cost me.
        If I asked for a company suggestion for a fix, I could understand,
but this solicitation of business I find annoying.

        Bob Skillman 47TC, 68MGC