Re: Front Bumper Adjustment

To: Dan Hughes <Dan_Hughes@troweprice.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front Bumper Adjustment
From: etaylor@nr.infi.net (Ed Taylor)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 14:30:06 -0400 (EDT)
At 11:39 AM 8/14/96 -0500, Dan Hughes wrote:
>Hello All!
>I just bought a 1980 MGB and the front bumper has been pushed in just enough
>so that the hood  rides on top of the rubber by an inch or so.  What would be
>the best way to bring that out?
>Thanks,
>Dan

Dan:
It should be no problem to remove the bumper (it just bolts on), and put washers
or some other type of shim behind the bolt to move the bumper out away from the
body. As shipped, there were shims installed anyway, and I would expect that
someone has done some body work on yours and forgot to reinstall them.

Regards,
Ed in Greensboro, NC