Re: Car Insurance

To: garyb@pentek.com
Subject: Re: Car Insurance
From: Ragthyme@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 16:52:30 -0400
Gary:

If I were you, I'd put it in tip-top shape, nicely cleaned and primed for a
show, and have it appraised by a certified auto appraiser.  That way, you've
got a solid third-party estimate of the car's actual worth, rather than its
20+ year old book value (which is all any insurance company will give you
without some sort of appraisal.)

Nationwide Insurance listed Rags as being $500, which is all they would pay
in any accident (less my $250 deductible).  I had Rags appraised at $5,250
... enough, in any claim, to probably actually repair the car if I had to.
 Once I get a new top on her and spruce up the interior, I'm going to have it
done again.

Luck,

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'