Re: Fiat Bashing/accident prone

To: dmeadow@flash.net
Subject: Re: Fiat Bashing/accident prone
From: Ragthyme@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 17:07:42 -0400
::chuckle::

Hokay, hokay. Let's get down and dirty here. ;)

1) Although technically an immigrant (that's 'furriner' here in Virginia), I
have been here since I was 12 ... which means, of course, that I LEARNED TO
DRIVE HERE.  ::duck::

2) I have spent most of my time in the States in Virginia, North Carolina,
Florida and Alabama. However, I did live for several years in Boston, MA and
near Utica, NY.  Aside from a few of the larger, less-populous western
states, I've driven just about everywhere here.

Those little factoids aside, I suppose I wrote that mud-in-yer-eye piece
conglomerating Americans all together; in reality, different parts applied
more or less to different regions.

You can't beat a Southerner for outright forgetting he's in a car.  I've
almost expected a few of them to hoist the remote control, thinking they were
on their sofas  (that's couches for you yankEES, chesterfields for our
friends in Canada, and divans or setees, for the folks back home.)

For road-ownership mania, I'd give you a New Englander or New Yorker every
time and Bob's yer uncle.  (Translation:  ...and make no mistake about it.)

In my opinion, midwesterners are fiends for speed and fearnought driving, and
for the superhuman belief in their car's safety.

So, apologies to the Southerners on the list, and to those good drivers we
have here (most of us, I believe), for any unintentional collateral damage
that may have come your way. :)

I must note, however, that for pure bloody-minded driving and absolute
wretched rudeness, you have a long way to go to beat the French.

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'