Re: Wire Wheels

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels
From: jello@dns.ida.net (Phil Bates)
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 13:28:30 -0600
>In a message dated 96-08-18 12:44:53 EDT, BDurgin1@aol.com writes:
>
><< 3 years ago  I bought a set of chrome wires for my 64 B from
> Moss. These are the 60 spokers. Were these Dunlop or Dayton or something
> else? Anybody know???
>
>Me too! I answered the first inquiry. Mine had German stickers on them. They
>have been great for me. What has been your experience? I guess I'll get the
>spare out and see if there is a name on them. Anybody know where to look?

Most likely these were Dunlops made under lisence somewhere else (Germany or
India).  If they had been Daytons, you would have seen a Made in U.S.A.
sticker, as these are hand made in Dayton OH.  I bought some poor quality
Dunlops (made under lisence in India), and replaced with the Daytons, which
have been phenomenal.  This, of course, doesn't mean all Dunlops are bad,
just my set.  If you want info on Dayton, contact me, I will dig it back out
of my files.

Phil Bates
67 MGB
75 Jaguar XJ12C