Re: Rostyle wheel mask...and rustoleum

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rostyle wheel mask...and rustoleum
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 22 Aug 1996 13:38:06 -0500
In <Pine.ULT.3.91.960822123131.21853B-100000@ttown.apci.com>, S. L. Hower wrote:

>On Thu, 22 Aug 1996, Scott Hower wrote:
>  Rustoleum
>  is thick paint and has a tendancy to gum up the nozzle after the can
>  is about half empty- no matter how much you vent the nozzle.
>  (I must have 10 half-empty clogged cans sitting on a shelf).
>  When this occurs, it spits paint blobs onto your work.  Better to
>  spend the three bucks on a new can than risk having to beadblast the
>  wheels again.

Too true.  Rustoleum is quite good for small jobs that are exposed to
weather, but it goes on thick and takes days to cure.  I keep a
plastic 35 mm film canister (ya know, the ones with the grey top)
about half-full of acetone and regularly take the nozzle off of the
Rustoleum can and store it in this between jobs.  I can usually get
most of the paint out of the can that way.  Sometimes the clog
develops inside the can feeder, at which point you just have to throw
it away.
        A. B. Bonds, who is just now waiting for some Rustoleum to dry....