Re: Rostyle wheel mask...

To: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Subject: Re: Rostyle wheel mask...
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@isocan.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 22:45:49 -0400
Jeremy DuBois wrote:

>         Is Rustoleum what you used to paint your wheels with?  What about
> the silver color?  Did you put a clear coat over the color coats?

  My friend did this on his TR3.

  The wheels looked great and shiny after the silver paint. He decided
to clear coat them to make it even shinier, it backfired.

  His suggestion, don't do the clearcoat. When they were silver, he
said they looked shiny and nice. When clearcoated, they look more
like a silver-metallic coloured car. Nice colour, but it doesn't
look like the "chrome look" that the paint does on it's own.

--
                   Trevor Boicey - Computer Engineer
                1992 Celica GT (95% of the driving I do)