Re: Proper perspective

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Proper perspective
From: Ragthyme@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 11:28:44 -0400
Ah, not so, Mark ... not all of us :)

I refused to get rid of the toys ('mom' and I had a few discussions about
that, very low crockery breakage there) and now, 15 years later, I have the
following successes to report:

The Offspring, aside from being a good pianist and aspiring artist, handy
with a needle and thread and well able to feed herself (and me, thankfully,
because my cooking could choke a vulture) can drive a stickshift,
double-clutch, handle most minor and some major auto repairs on pre-1976
autos, sail, fish, set up tents, tie a variety of knots, load, prime and fire
with deadly accuracy a flintlock, nail the pips on a playing card with a
tomahawk at 20 paces, and handle just about anything with a computer.  And
that's the short list. I suspect her suitors will find her something of a
handful.

Point is this: your hobbies are something you've learned ... they involve
education and skills, and you'd be remiss in not passing them on to the next
generation if you can.  Don't let Mom talk you out of them, especially those
'guy things'.  As my daughter is proof, girls can be good at them (and enjoy
them) too.

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'