RE: MGB Carb and Exhaust

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB Carb and Exhaust
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 12:23:00 -0700 (PDT)
Pierce Manifolds has weber kits cheaper than Moss and Vicky Brit
Summit Racing carries the Mallory electronic ignition distributor for about
175. I would suggest getting the matching coil for better performance
If you want to go cheap on the exhaust you can get a trick header (~70)and
ansa or monza(~110) exhaust from NW Importers, Moss or the cheapest place in
Hemmings (don't forget shipping).
Seven Enterprises 800 992-7007 has a nice selection of performance headers.
I would stay away from Chrome and stainless(they crack and are expensive).
If you're willing to pay for stainless, get a mild steel header and Jetcoat
it. This is a ceramic coating which will look great and last for ever. It is
available in a bunch of colors plus polished aluminum finish which looks a
lot like Chrome. The insulating characteristics of the coating keep your
engine compartment cooler and enhance scavenging in the header. My friend
had his Cobra sidepipes and headers done and they look great. Total cost for
the Jetcoated mild steel header will be about the same as buying a Stainless
but it won't be as prone to crack. They coat the inside too so it won't rust
from the inside out.

Chris Reichle