Brake light switch...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake light switch...
From: lokidog@juno.com (Ross A Goldberg)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 16:56:39 EDT
Hello,

On my 1966 MGB the brakelights don't liight up as quickly as I would like
them to.  On modern cars as soon as you touch the brake pedal the lights
light, but with my MG I have to actually press the pedal down enough to
apply the brakes causing enough pressure to activate the pressure
sensitive switch (I think that is how it works, at least).

In my mind, when riding down the highway with an 18 wheeler riding close
behind (never a good situation) I want him (or her) to know if I am
braking even the slightest bit.

My question -- can I retrofit a brake sensor that detects when the PEDAL
moves and not when there is pressure in the brake lines?  Isn't that how
the later MG's work?

BTW... no, there is nothing wrong (as far as I can tell) with my brakes
or brakelights, but if I am crazy by all means let me know ;-)

Thanks,
Ross

'66 MGB

BTW again... I have just moved to New Jersey (Summit area) and am looking
for any MG clubs / mechanics in the area