Re: Blueprinting...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Blueprinting...
From: Paul Hunt <on76@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 96 16:06:00 GMT
> Generally, the term refers to the practice of bringing the
>clearances in the engine to tolerances better than the factory could
>or would.
> As far as I know, this applies in one form or another to virtually
>every place in the engine where one moving part touches another.

Reminds of the time two blokes were standing at the bar at their
holiday hotel somewhere in the south of England.  First bloke turns
to second and says "So what do you do then?".  Second bloke says "I'm
a precision machinist".  First bloke says "Oh ah, what does that
involve?".  Second bloke says (proudly) "I machine parts for Rolls
Royce jet engines to one ten-thousandth of an inch.  What do you do?"
 First bloke says "I can beat you there mate, I lay paving slabs for
the local council and we have to get them spot on!".

PaulH
73 Roadster (HD&H)
75 V8 (DD)