For Sale: Solid Midget Fixer-Upper in PA

To: mgs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: For Sale: Solid Midget Fixer-Upper in PA
From: "Glen R. Wilson" <railroad@itw.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1996 13:24:30 -0400
I still have a solid '66 Midget which is complete but needs
restoration.  The car is from California and is remarkably rust-free
(not even the rear quarter
panels have any rust).

The car is located just south of Philadelphia.

I have pictures you can view at:

http://www.itw.com/~railroad/midgetbl.html

Text from web page:

These are pictures of the 1966 Midget MK II which I'd like to get
a few hundred dollars for.  It is essentially rust-free.  (The ledge
that
the battery rests on is rusted from acid leaks; easy fix.)  There has
been
no rot whatsoever with the exception of the rear part of the driver's
side floor which has been repaired with heavy gauge galvanized steel and
rivets and the leading edge of the hood which was a water trap and seems
to be always rusted in these cars.  The black coating is POR-15 which
has been there for years without any sign of deterioration.  The
A-pillar was hit at some point and covered with plastic filler.  I
removed the filler and put on a new A-pillar.  There was no corrosion in
the A-pillar despite the fact that this is a common rust area for
Midgets.  The interior of the A-pillar was painted with POR-15.  There's
a very thin coating of plastic filler below the A-pillar which can just
be seen in the picture below.  The fender is not aligned properly
because it is not bolted on; I painted the entire inner fender with
POR-15.  The car ran and drove when I brought the car home, but I pulled
the pedal assembly and master cylinder out to rebuild them and have not
started or driven the car in years.  The engine is free, and it should
be serviceable  although it smoked a little when it ran.  I have two
seats form a '66 Sprite, a new carpet set, and all of the parts to put
it back to original condition such as the top header rail and hardware,
all the stainless steel trim, and various other minor but hard to find
parts.

If you might be interested in this car, E-mail me at railroad@itw.com

--
Glen R. Wilson

Railroad@itw.com

http://www.itw.com/~railroad

1970 Rover 3500S        1967 MG 1100 Sedan

1966 MG Midget (blue)   1966 MG Midget (green)

Southeastern Pennsylvania, U.S.A.