Re: Proper perspective (fwd)

To: Bill D <billd@voicenet.com>
Subject: Re: Proper perspective (fwd)
From: Nyani-Iisha Martin <nfmartin@husc.harvard.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1996 11:02:37 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 23 Aug 1996, Bill D wrote:

> I think ragthyme@aol.com posted about the virtues of teaching kids how to
> do car mechanics, using his own daughter as an example.
*nod*

> My SO (and probable future wife) agrees.  Read her reply......

*sigh* My abbreviated reply. I may be a science major, but I'm more
articulate than *that*, sweetheart. I was expecting you to fill in a bit
for me.

*smile and wave* Hi, I'm Ny Martin, and I share Bill with a 1971 (right?)
red MGB. I'm a very young woman, so maybe I'll understand when I get
older, but I don't understand why a woman would marry a man, knowing full
well his hobbies and avocations, and then would expect him to give them
up. Bill's hobbies are a part of him, some of the things I love about him;
frankly, I find it a *plus* that the probable father of my children (wait
a sec while I keep Bill from running away) knows enough about cars to all
but build his from the ground up, and I *want* him to teach this to our
kids, if they want to know. If he *ignored* the kids in favor of the MGB
my reaction would be different, but that's not the situation being
discussed here.

And, ragthyme, I envy your daughter. I wish I could shoot and tie proper
knots. *smile*

Ny

Nyani-Iisha F. Martin   nfmartin@fas.harvard.edu
"I'm sorry. I may marry you and father your children,
but I'm not giving you my root password."
   ----Bill Duetschler, my SO