Racing MGA mods.

To: vintage-race@autox.team.met
Subject: Racing MGA mods.
From: Malcolm Cox <malcox@napanet.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 20:03:19 -0700
On my vintage race MGA, I am currently running Yokohama 008R, (which, by the
way, is allowable
under CSRG vintage rules).

I have been advised that these tires may run better at 2 to 3 deg -ve camber.
My wear patterns seem to confirm that more (some?) -ve camber would be a good
thing.

The MGA suspension seems to be set up as factory standard which is listed in
the manual as 1 deg
+ve to 1/2 deg -ve at full bump.  (I was also interested to see that toe-in is
+zero).

Does anyone have any opinions whether increasing negative camber is a good
thing with this type
of car, and whether this may transgress any vintage racing rules anywhere.

--
Malcolm Cox, Napa, CA           malcox@napanet.net
VIntage Racing MGA 1960 (if it doesn't bleed, it has no heart)