Speedo & Tranny

To: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedo & Tranny
From: Dick Watson <dwatson@feist.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 09:30:51 -0500
My 68 Midget has a '72-'73 1275 cc engine. My problem is that the
speedometer reads about 10 mph fast at 50 mph. (i.e. when I'm going 50
it reads 60.) Any ideas on what might cause this and how to fix?

Also, I saw some thread on a conversion kit to put a Japanese 5-spd
tranny into a 1275 Midget. Where can I locate these? What do they cost
and what kind of Japanese tranny should I be looking for. I,m looking to
rebuild my engine and this would be a good opportunity to look into
this.

Thanks in advance.
Dick Watson
'68 midget