Midget 1500 dipstick

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget 1500 dipstick
From: "A.D.Smith" <as@boris.umds.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 16:56:09 +0100 (BST)
Hello all MG gurus.

I've got an interesting question following having my car checked out recently.

They reckon that I have the wrong dipstick, which means that I might be low on
oil and not realise!

Can anyone give me some way of checking this (like measuring how long your
dipstick is from the shoulder that hits the tube entry point to the end of the
stick - and the high/low marks) ?

It's a midget 1500, and as far as I know, still has the original engine. The
dipstick has a bend halfway down, which lets it get into the engine past the
heatsheild for the carbs..

Cheers,
        *****Please reply directly to me by email, as I'm not sure that I'm
        still on the list *****

Andy

PS - Now I realise why I shouldn't have sold the second midget - I could have
        checked these things (unless they were both wrong !)

Andy Castellano Smith.          | email: a.d.smith@umds.ac.uk
Image Processing Group.         | http://www-ipg.umds.ac.uk/~as/
Cunliffe Labs, New Guy's House. | tel. : 0171 955 4208
Guy's Hospital, London SE1 9RT. | fax. : 0171 955 4913

       1977 Chrome Bumper Midget "Mungo" for short.
DPO of 1975 Rubber Bumper Midget "Mary"  for short.