Re: Midget 1500 dipstick

To: "A.D.Smith" <as@boris.umds.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Midget 1500 dipstick
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 06:53:50 -0500
A.D.Smith wrote:

> I've got an interesting question.
>
> They reckon that I have the wrong dipstick, which means that I might be low on
> oil and not realise!
>
> Can anyone give me some way of checking this (like measuring how long your
> dipstick is from the shoulder that hits the tube entry point to the end of the
> stick - and the high/low marks) ?

Andy -
        Try this:  change the oil and filter.  Put in the standard amount
recommended for your engine.  Start and run it for a couple of minutes
to get the filter filled and the oil circulated through the engine.
Shut it off, wait about five minutes.  With the car on a mostly level
surface, check the oil level on the dipstick.  That should tell you
whether or not the dipstick is correct.  If not, mark a new "full"
indication on the dipstick and the same distance below that is already
there from the original mark to the "add" point.  This will get you by
until you can get a replacement.

Wayne Kube
'79B
Plano, TX USA