The World According To MG

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: The World According To MG
From: mgguyc100@ra.isisnet.com (Williams/MG Guy)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 21:43:02 -0300 (ADT)
Greetings, listers!

Now, is it just me, or has August really melted away that quickly?! Hard to
believe that we're heading towards fall...sigh...(imagine leaf falls here)

Completed my 1/24 scale MGBs just in time to make the contest at the annual
local 'Show & Shine' - Halifax Antique Car Club's 33rd (!) - along with 1:1
cars! Only a handful of British Cars represented by BATANS (British
Automobile Touring Assoc. of Nova Scotia) amongst the hundred and fifty plus
North American iron. FYI - listers within driving distance can see our
association's collection of British hardware on display Sunday September 8,
on the Halifax waterfront on the final day of the Polaris Match Sailing Race
in the harbour. Feel free to contact us for more info. (via moi!)

BTW, the scale MG roadster and GT replicas won a 3rd, and my
last-minute-what-the-heck-it-won-a prize-in-'92-at-the-NAMGBR-event entry,
'MG Garage" (original, eh?) won a 2nd! I built it 15 years ago - it's a
whitemetal Wills Finecast 1/24 replica (again)of my roadster, posed with an
MG TC, a couple of Fujimyi mechanics and tools in a garage diarama. Proving
my anal retentivity - there's a 'window' on the wall, showing a view of my
GT parked outside <blush>.

The 1:1 cars only won my continued admiration, as they provided a great
Sunday with my wife and sons (only way to move 2 Bs)-and I thought they
looked great (the cars and the family!). After 6 years, I finally waxed the
roadster - polished would be more correct, using Auto Glym resin polish -
wow! Great stuff. I recommend it highly. "By Appointment to H.R.H. The
Prince Of Wales" sez the label - good enough for Chuck, cool for me. BTW, he
has an MGC GT in the stable as I recall.

For those who follow, I'm still looking for accessory gauges (see past posts
if you keep 'em). Also, would like to find in as 'as new' as possible
condition - the master brake cylinder _cap_ (only). I believe mine is
stripped, and will not secure tightly, and as a result, fluid seems to be
escaping. So - need only the cap? Anyone?

Finally, would like to track down a '70 to '72 Midget, and/or Mini in
running/restorable condition, somewhere in Atlantic Canada. Leads appreciated.

Cheers from the east coast!

Terry "There's Too Much Room In The Garage" Williams
'70 BGT
'68 roadster