TD Rocker arm questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: TD Rocker arm questions
From: bobd@dynacomm.fse.com (Bob Dallas)
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 17:41:59 -0500
I am trying to put new bushings in my rockers and am having problems and
need some help.  The rocker arm is of the early variety and is 14" long.

First - the Moss catalog indicates that there should be springs on the arm -
my unit has spacers.  Can we both be correct?

Second - the bushings from Moss have no indicator of how they should be
installed. My old bushings have an indent that matches up with a recess on
the rocker so that proper alignment is assured. Is there some trick here?

Third - after inserting the new bushing in the first rocker, the bushing
would NOT fit on to the arm. i.e. the diameter of the arm is larger than the
diameter of the bushing.  What should I do here?

Thanks in advance.