Armstrong Shocks & Apple Hydraulics, final update

To: mgs@autox.team.net, British-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Armstrong Shocks & Apple Hydraulics, final update
From: BarneyMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 05:46:14 -0400
I think Apple Hydraulics has finally got it right.  The third set of rebuilt
front shocks has now been on my MGA for six weeks and has accumulated 4200
miles.  After two rallies this weekend totaling almost 700 miles including
travel to and from, much of it rough roads, I figure the shocks are OK, no
bouncy, no jiggly, and no oil on the outside.

So Apple Hydraulics does stand behind their work, replacements for the
defective units were shipped out promptly with the shipping charges prepaid
both ways.  I would have liked to have been working on something else instead
of changing the shocks two extra times, but at least now the car's happy and
I'm satisfied that it's going to stay fixed.

Just for the curious at hand, my MGA has accumulated nearly 17,000 miles so
far this year on club activities, with several thousand more to go.  Three
more rallies and four more autocross dates still to come this month, along
with some rally layout work and four more club meetings.  Life mileage for
this car is now about 210,000.

Never say die,
Barney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA