Re: Parts Suppliers

To: Larry Hoy <73253.1136@CompuServe.COM>,
Subject: Re: Parts Suppliers
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 12:07:00 -0700 (PDT)
Larry and Craig,
C:  Sorry about that. My reciept from about 1.5 years ago shows the solenoid
at $20 installed inthe DGV I purchased. Maybe they gave me a deal because I
purchased the carb too?
L:   I have a hotter than norm cam and increased compression to 9.1:1 on a
1980 B engine. The later engines tend to run on even as stock. I had to keep
the idle up around 1000 and used 94 oct with octane boost. Changing the
vacuum advance and recurving the distributor helped bring down the idle to
about 800 but it would still run on without octane boost. The solenoid fixed
that. If after you lower your idle a bit and check that your mixture is
correct you still have the problem, you could try the solenoid.

Chris Reichle