RE: Color me red

To: gaither@cybergate.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Color me red
From: TheSkinny@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 12:01:32 -0400
>I just returned Sunday from the All British Car meet in Palo Alto.  I was
>hunting for the right red to paint my car.  It was surprising to me how
>many people said "Gee... I dunno?".  Anywho, I did find a color that
>pushed my buttons.  The owner said that he had it painted at a local
>Miracle Auto Body shop.  The name of the color is 'Swift Red'.  It is a
>little darker than the 'Miata Red' that I saw and also liked....
>
>....Miracle Auto Body might have been a chain although there are
>none in my area.  I haven't called the guy in San Jose that painted the
>car I saw.  Are paint codes secret?  If I just called him up and asked,
>do you think he'd give me the codes?
>snip<

Doug:

Miracle is a franchise, and they are one of the discount chains, like Earl
Sheibb.  In times gone by, they had the $99 special, but due to EPA regs, and
inflation, I think they are up to $599.  They keep their prices low by hiring
minimum wage, include minimal prep work, and using the cheapest paint known
to man.  The brand paints that they spray are made by MASON.

The way I choose my paint color was to borrow the paint chip book from my
painter, show the colors to a lady I had my eye on, and trust her good
judgement...(ended up married & the paint color is nice too  :-)  )

The person who will paint your car is also a good judge of what color or hue
will look good.  After all, he's seen the end result frequently enough to
know what looks good.

I missed Palo Alto this year due to work.

Good Luck
David Riker
69 midget