RE: More Fuel Pump Questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: More Fuel Pump Questions
From: "Gardner, Bob" <GRDNRB@alisa1.lockheed.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 10:56:45 -0800
All of those questioning if there fuel pump is working or not, there is a
simple solution.  Add a fuel pressure guage upstream of any fuel filters (near
the carbs).  Summit Racing Equipment has an inline 15 psi one for around $17 or
an in-dash model for $88.  Having one of these will tell you if your fuel
filter is clogged or if the fuel pump is not working properly.
The fuel system in my '76 midget has a high volume electric fuel pump feeding
dual 40 DCOE carbs.  The mechanical pump was removed and the opening in the
block was covered with a plate.  In between the pump and the carbs is a fuel
filter, a pressure regulator, and an in-dash pressure guage.
I don't have fuel pump or carb problems anymore...but I also don't get 30+
miles to a gallon either.

Keep the greasy side down 'cause they roll better that way!

Bob Gardner