MGB/MGC automatic transmission

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB/MGC automatic transmission
From: Mowog1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 22:09:08 -0400
I own a 1969 MGC Tourer with 3 speed BorgWarner unit. Back in my college
daze, I had a roommate from Bloomfield Hills, MI  who drove a 1972 MGB/GT
with automatic transmission.

The American market was the primary reason the automatics were made available
as a factory option. In fact, many factory workers were required to take a
driving test (see Aspects of Abingdon by "Marcham Rhoade") before being
allowed to drive these cars to the docks/train station for
shipping....management felt the automatics were a "difficult concept" to
grasp!   :-)

While the AT does not give quite the performance of a  four speed with or
without OD, it's a nice conversation piece....besides, the MGC is really a
"road car" anyway, right?!

rick ingram...NAMGBR