Re: SMOG

To: mgs@autox.team.net, cdelling@mail.ic.net
Subject: Re: SMOG
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 07:53:29 -0400

> (Also
> exempt were diesels,

FWIW In CT we have gone to reformulated fuels with MTBE. It supposedly
is the same as removing 8 million cars from the road every year for
Southern New England.

When CT started smogging diesels were exempt. I saved $10 a year for 13
years :^). Then !@%#^$ Governor Weicker decided that we need to be the
highest taxed people in the nation and one of his many taxes was to
include diesels :^(. In my car I can make the guy behind me disappear
by flooring it. It smokes like a pile of burning tires and smells
worse, but I pass the smog check. Seems they just want my $10 a year.

- -Mark

'67 BGT
'84 Pile of burning tires