RE: Suspension lubricant?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Suspension lubricant?
From: ps4330@okc01.rb.jccbi.gov (Peter Schauss x 2014)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 18:19:23 -0400
>>What can I lubricate my sticky suspension with? I'm
>>guessing the rubber grommets are just old. They still
>>work fine, but they shriek like the devil. It gets amplified
>>by the springs, and it just sounds awful.

The symptoms sound very similar to my 'B when the lower trunion
bushing seized.  I was able to trace down the sound by removing
my springs so that I could flex the whole suspension system
up and down on that side of the car.  It was quite obvious where
the sound was coming from.

In any event, I bought a rebuilt king pin set from Moss and redid
the whole thing.  Since then I have been very religious about
greasing all of the fittings which are supposed to get greased.

Peter Schauss
ps4330@okc01.rb.jccbi.gov
pschauss@aol.com
1963 Austin-Healey 3000 Mk II