Re: Centering clutch disc

To: Jim & Marilynne Mellander <jmel@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Centering clutch disc
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996 07:04:12 -0700
At 10:29 AM 9/14/96 -0700, you wrote:

>Moss sells a clutch centering tool, which I gather is just a plastic repro
>of the end of the tranny input shaft.  Is there some other way to do it?
>How 'bout a broomstick end?  When I did VW's, we would just eyeball the disk
>& make sure it was centered.  Will that work?

Hi Jim,

Short answer.....yup.   I've changed several B clutches ( two in one day
once) and have never used a centering tool.

Before the list comedians strike alow me to state that the two clutches in
one day were NOT because I didn't use the centering tool! Carry on.

Cheers
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT